To measure area or square footage of any property's outdoor surface including turf, mulch, parking lots, etc., follow these steps:
- Click on the A+ icon on the toolbar
- Bring your cursor into the property photo where you would like to begin measuring.
- Click down one time in the image where you want to begin your area measurement.
- Move your cursor around the perimeter of the object or area you are measuring- you do not need to hold the mouse down.
- You will see a light blue line follow you around the perimeter of the property as you continue to move around and measure.
6. As you move along the perimeter, click with your mouse to drop points and change direction with the measuring tools.
7. When you are finished measuring, double click with your mouse.
8. An area measurement result will appear on the left side of the screen in the measurement result panel. You can also hover over the completed measurement with your mouse and a yellow box will appear with your area measurement results.
Tool Tip: To move your property photo around while measuring areas, use the arrow keys on your keyboard. You can move the photo up, down, left or right with the arrow keys while the area measuring tool is on.
To see the area tool in action, watch this short video for how to measure area on Go iLawn and Go iPave.