You need to save proposal templates so that you do not have to type in your numbers every time you want to create a proposals. Proposal template files will retain your equipment lists, production factors, material costs, contact information, company logo and terms and conditions.
- To save a proposal template, you will go to the Finalize Tab of the Proposal Builder.
- Click on the Save section of the Finalize Tab.
- Click on Save Template File to save your template.
- Proposal template files are “.xml” files. When you’re ready to save a proposal template, you include .xml in the file name. For example, if I want to name a Proposal Builder template “Commercial Lawn Template”, I would name it “Commercial Lawn Template.xml”.
- Template files save to the computer you are currently working on. You can save as many proposal templates as you would like to- there is no limit.
- Once a template is saved, the information you saved in it is not set in stone. You can change anything in a proposal template.
- If you change a proposal template and you want to retain the changes, be sure to re-save the template file and overwrite the previous version.
- If you make changes to your default template that you want to retain, you will have to set up your default template again as well.
- You can reload proposal templates at any time.
- To reload templates after you save them, go to the Main Menu, select Open, and select Proposal Template.
- When you reload a template, the program will ask you if you want to use the template you reloaded as your default template.
- If you choose YES, every time you open up Proposal Builder, you will see the information that you included in your default template. If you choose no, it will still reload your template, but it won’t retain it as your default.
- We recommend that you choose a template to be your default proposal template.
- Keep in mind you can override anything that is in a template file while you are working in Proposal Builder.
Watch the Videos for Saving and Loading Proposal Templates.