There are two ways to subtract areas or remove square footage from measurements.
The first method is to use the Right Click menu.
This will not create another measurement result, rather it will subtract area out of your existing measurements and adjust the measurement result totals for you.
To subtract an area or object with the right click menu, follow these steps:
- Measure your property just like normal using the "Area Add" (A+) tool
- When finished measuring, right click on the completed measurement in the property photo, and the right click menu will appear.
- Select "Subtract Area" from the options in the right click menu.
- Subtract out the area you do not want to include in your measurement result by tracing around the area, just like you would if you were measuring it with the A+ or A- Tool.
- Double click when finished and your area will subtract out of the completed area measurement, and your measurement results will adjust accordingly.
The second method to subtract area or remove square footage from a measurement is to use the A- Tool.
Using the A- Tool to subtract area will create another measurement result, and the total area measurement result at the top of the measurement result panel will keep track of all measurements within the same group that are taken with the A+ and A- tools.
To Use the A- Tool to subtract areas out of your measurement results, follow these steps:
- Click on the A- tool on the toolbar; the third tool from the top on the toolbar
- Bring your cursor into the property photo where you would like to begin measuring.
- Click down one time in the image where you want to begin your area subtraction measurement.
- Move your cursor around the perimeter of the object or area you are subtracting out- you do not need to hold the mouse down.
- You will see a red line follow you around the perimeter of the property as you continue to move around and measure.
- As you move along the perimeter, click with your mouse to drop points and change direction with the measuring tools.
- When you are finished measuring, double click with your mouse.
- An area measurement result displaying a negative value will appear on the left side of the screen in the measurement result panel.
- The total of your A+ measurements and A- measurements will be calculated for you at the very top of the measurement results panel.