Snow Proposal Builder Tips
Posted by Go iHelp Administrator, Last modified by Go iHelp Administrator on 19 June 2012 04:01 PM
- You must search for a property and take measurements or reload a workspace with measurements in order for the snow proposal builder to work.
- The snow proposal builder does not accept negative areas. For example, if you measure an entire property with the A+ tool and subtract the building with the A- tool, the proposal builder will only use the positive measurement that included the building. You need to avoid obstacles that you would normally subtract, OR choose to include them in your square footage measured with the A+ tool.
- You have to use the measurement groups, asphalt, concrete and sidewalks in order for the proposal builder to work. Measure parking lots in the asphalt and concrete category, and sidewalks in the sidewalk category.
- You can assign a measurement to a group by choosing a group before you begin measuring on the left side of the screen in the measurement results area where it says "measurement groups". Or, you can right click on a completed measurement and choose "assign to group". The groups will pop-up in the screen and you can choose the appropriate group for your measurement.
- The right click menu offers the ability for you to assign equipment to a completed measurement as well. Select "Proposal Info" from the right click menu and your equipment list, de-icing option and level of difficulty selection will pop-up in the screen for you to assign.
- The inch increments in the weather events tab are adjustable. Click on the inch level you want to adjust and a minimum/maximum will need to be assigned. If you want the inch increment to read something like 15+, you would make the minimum value larger than the maximum value when adjusting the scale. For example, for the event to read 15+, use 15 for the minimum value and 0 for the maximum value.
- The proposal builder offers the ability for you to create templates so that you can retain your equipment list, weather data, production rates, terms and conditions etc. You will create your "default" template the first time you use the proposal builder. The default template will always populate the proposal builder when you open it up to complete a snow proposal.
- You can save alternative templates as well so that you can retrieve specific info for a property type, weather event information etc. Save as many templates as you would like. The file type for a template is ".xml". So, if you are going to name the template file "Class A properties", you would name it "Class A Properties.xml".
- You can reload a template the same way you reload a workspace. Go To "Workspace" and select "Load Proposal Template". Choose the .xml template you would like to reload for your snow proposal.
- Please note, the program will always ask if you want to make the template you are reloading the "default" template. Choosing to make a template the default template will designate the information in your template as the information that will automatically populate the snow proposal builder when you create new snow proposals.
- If you worked on a snow proposal for a property and you save the workspace, when you reload the workspace, it will reload the snow proposal information you entered in your previous session, with the exception of the site photos and company logo.